Ultra Balancer - Easy Keeper's Choice
- Appropriate for all classes of horses, either used as a replacement for feed (ration balancer for “easy keepers”) or fed in addition to under-fortified or a plain grain meal, such as oats.
- Scientifically formulated to provide the added protein, trace mineral and vitamin fortification needed to support all classes of horses who are not receiving the recommended intake of a complete (fully fortified) feed.
- Pelleted for easy, accurate feeding and mixing.
- Ultra low calorie / low NSC / pelleted.
- When fed appropriately, a 50 pound bag lasts the average horse nearly two months.
- Allows for feeding program flexibility:
- May be used in combination with other fortified grains to increase the nutrient concentration in the rations of horses consuming less than the recommended intake of other fortified feeds.
- Allows for use of bulk grains, as it balances the nutrient profile of cereal grains and forage.
- For individuals that maintain desired body condition on forage alone or on less than two pounds of grain a day (i.e. “easy keepers”), use as a sole source of supplemental nutrition. Ultra Balancer will provide necessary nutrients not provided in sufficient quantity by typical forage intakes.
- May aid with health problems (consult your veterinarian) such as:
- Metabolic problems: appropriate for use as the sole feed in the ration of horses who require a low-calorie, low-starch, properly fortified diet, such as horses with a history of obesity, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, and laminitis.
- HYPP: may be used in diets for horses with HYPP, either as sole source of nutrition or in combination with straight cereal grains such as oats.
- DOD: may be used to develop a reduced calorie fully-fortified diet for growing horses suffering from developmental orthopedic diseases such as physitis.
- Main ingredient(s)
- Fortification Pellets
Feeding InstructionsPlease download the PDF at the bottom of this page for recommended feeding amounts for all 48 classes of horses, from idle Miniatures (1/4 pound) to heavily pregnant or worked draft horses (3.5 to 4 pounds). As always, for atypical horses or those with medical conditions, please contact us for assistance.
|Crude Protein||(Min) 30.00 %|
|Crude Fat||(Min) 2.75 %|
|Crude Fiber||(Max) 6.50 %|
|Digestible Energy||approx 1.30 Mcal/lb|
|NSC||approx 17.00 %|
|Lysine||(Min) 1.84 %|
|Calcium||(Min) 2.18 %|
|Calcium||(Max) 2.68 %|
|Phosphorus||(Min) 1.17 %|
|Magnesium||(Min) 0.30 %|
|Potassium||(Min) 1.30 %|
|Iodine||(Min) 1.30 ppm|
|Selenium||(Min) 2.96 ppm|
|Copper||(Min) 90 ppm|
|Zinc||(Min) 635 ppm|
|Iron||(Min) 396 ppm|
|Manganese||(Min) 414 ppm|
|Vitamin A||(Min) 12,291 IU/lb|
|Vitamin D||(Min) 1,230 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E||(Min) 405 IU/lb|
Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Vegetable Oil, Cane Molasses, Yeast Culture, Zinc Proteinate, Calcium Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Propionic Acid (a preservative), Manganese Sulfate, d-alpha-tocopheryl Acetate, Silicon Dioxide, Zinc Sulfate, Artifical Flavors, Soybean Hulls, Selenium Yeast, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Chloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin Supplement, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Manganese Proteinate, Folic Acid, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), Copper Proteinate, Cobalt Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Mineral Oil